Posted By Communications
CPI North Bay Fire Support Free Community Support Group
Date(s) - 06/04/2019
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Child Parent Institute
Skills for Resiliency Building: How to be Sonoma Strong
Tuesdays | May 21 – July 2 (No Group on June 11) | 4:00-5:30pm
Many people in our community continue to experience the far-reaching impacts of the wildfires. For example, are you:
- Feeling on edge or anxious, easily triggered by sounds, sights smells or other reminders of fire?
- Not quite yourself since the fires?
- Isolated from friends?
- Having a hard time defining and addressing problems effectively?
- Experiencing an ongoing sense of sadness and loss, whether you’ve lost your own home and/or are impacted by the losses suffered by people around you, and/or the loss of a local park, business, or portion of your community?
This six week facilitated self-help group for adults will use “Skills for Psychological Recovery” (SPR) to teach skills that have helped people worldwide who’ve been impacted by natural disasters to actively cope with the aftermath and tackle problems effectively. The focus will be on:
- Identifying and solving problems
- Improving quality of life and increasing positive activities
- Managing reactions/triggers
- Identifying ways that our own thoughts can bolster our resiliency and effectiveness; improving reestablishing our social connections
This group is offered free of charge but registration is required.
Download the Support Group Flyer
To register visit www.calparents.org/classes or call (707) 585-6108 extension 1240 or 1220